The Summer Appropriations Cycle will be open from April 29th until May 6th at 11:59 pm. During that time each organization can submit their one budget request on OrgSync. There will also be two Financial Literacy Workshops next week. The dates, times and locations are:
- Tues. 4/29/14 from 12pm – 1pm in MU 236 Mohave
- Weds. 4/30/14 from 2pm – 3pm in MU 236 Mohave
The funding for the Summer Appropriations Cycle can be spent from July 1st until September 24th.
The last day to spend any money from the spring May 14th.
|Cycle||Requests Due||Decisions Released||Deadline to use funds|
|Fall 2013||September 3,2013||September 17,2013||February 25,2014|
|Spring 2014||February, 4, 2014||February 18, 2014||May 14, 2014|
Upcoming Financial Workshops
If you have questions regarding funding please email email@example.com.
History: The five ASASU presidents proposed a student activity fee in November 2007 and received approval by the University administration and ABOR in December 2007. The student activity fee is divided per capita by campus and between undergraduate and graduate students. The fee was first implemented in the fall 2008 semester.
Purpose: The purpose of the $25 student activity fee (per semester per student) is to provide funds to improve the co-curricular environment for students at Arizona State University.
Overriding Philosophy: The student activity fee should provide a comprehensive offering of quality programs and services to ASU students and community. Activities and programs that enrich and improve the out-of-class environment both qualitatively and quantitatively should be fostered. Program enhancements should be highly impactful and thereby improve the satisfaction of students.
The Primary Goals For These Fees Will Include:
- Working to enhance the campus environment and improve the co-curricular activities and programs.
- Improving student activities designated to increase student satisfaction and retention.
- Assisting in providing specialized services and programs for diverse populations on a student needs basis.
- Enriching the campus environment and encouraging the involvement of students, thereby promoting academic achievement and the development of student potential.
- Providing greater opportunities for civic engagement within ASU and wider communities.